Saturday, June 27, 2015

Painted Portrait in Lawn


When she was in town earlier this year, Martha picked out a few colorways of this pretty cotton lawn at Belleboo. I offered to sew her up a top from the fabric and she chose the Painted Portrait blouse pattern from Anna Maria Horner. I'd made a couple of these tunics before, so she was able to try them on to see if the style worked for her, which it did!


A pretty straightforward make... a great tunic pattern! It's hard to see the style lines in this busy fabric, but they're quite pretty.


My only changes included skipping the facings in lieu of a bias tape facing at the neckline. I used some pretty floral bias tape I bought at Daiso, which is sorta the Japanese equivalent of the Dollar Store.


I also cut the back yoke on the fold and skipped the neck split and button


Looking good, Martha! Photos taken in my sister-in-law's lovely garden. Man, I wish it wasn't so hot in Bangkok so I could take photos in a more scenic spot without sweating to death!