Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jenneth Wedding Jewels

I had the honor of attending the wedding festivities of Jenny and Kenny (henceforth known collectively as "Jenneth") in lovely Custer State Park in the Black Hills of South Dakota a few weeks ago.  Jenny partook of my services for the bridal party jewelry, and here's what we came up with:

 

A mix of shades of blue and yellow beads, some sparkly, some matte, crocheted together on silver wire...  they came out pretty awesome and everyone seemed to love them!  I made them very loosely based on this video tutorial (which I've used before, here and here).  However, I used significantly more beads... probably 30-45 per strand, started with 5 or 6 empty (beadless) stitches and then pulled a bead up on each stitch until I was done with the beads, then another 5 or 6 beadless stitches.  

Here are some of the lovely bridesmaids, Colleen and Eileen, modeling the jewels and doing their best Blue Steel.. hot!:


Congratulations again, Jenneth!!!