Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Meghan Peasant Blouse

I think I may have found my new favorite pattern... the Meghan Peasant from Sis Boom.  It's basically the adult version of the Ella raglan blouses I made last week and it's awesome: comfortable, flattering neckline, amazingly clear directions.  Now that I've sewn up the blouse version of it, I can't wait to try the dress version!


I made it from this Michael Miller Kaleidoscope fabric I bought when it was on sale... apparently it's part of a Christmas line, which makes sense when you see it with all of the other coordinating fabrics, but on its own it doesn't really seem all that Christmas-y to me.  It's pretty summery, actually.  Well, at least I hope so!  


Regarding how I put the pattern together, I chose the lowest neckline option (there are 3), cut the bottom to be 15" long, and I skipped the arm elastic (too pinchy on my guns).  I probably should have paid a little closer attention to the placement of the large print of the fabric when cutting out the top, but it's not the end of the world.