Thursday, July 15, 2010

Spaghetti and Meatballs

Two nights ago I had prepared the mise en place for a favorite of mine, Simply Recipe's spaghetti and meatballs (this recipe takes a lot of chopping!), and last night I assigned Chuck to get the cooking started since I was getting my haircut right after work. Dinner was originally just going to be me, Tim and Chuck, with lots of leftovers for lunch, but somewhere along the way while I was relaxing hairdresser's chair, some freak thunderstorms hit DC, a softball game was cancelled, and the number of dinner guests snowballed and doubled, then those guests quickly got drunk and hungry. Good thing this recipe is hearty and makes about a thousand servings!!I love the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage in the meatballs, the plethora of fresh basil and parsley and finely diced carrots and mushrooms in the sauce. Twelve thumbs up for this recipe. Make it next time you need to serve the masses at your own impromptu dinner party!