Sunday, June 14, 2009

Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

I had a whole bunch of fresh oregano and a whole bunch of fresh parsley from the CSA that were on their last leg... I had made this Mark Bittman recipe for grilled skirt steak with chimichurri sauce a few months ago, and knew that it was easy, it was good, and it would utilize my ailing herbs.

Bittman's recipe doesn't call for fresh oregano, but a quick Google search showed that lots of other recipes do, so I used a mix of half oregano, half parsely. I also added a splash of red wine vinegar in addition to the lemon juice, as called for in this recipe. I "eyeballed" the whole thing- I don't think precise measurement is necessary here.

Mmmm.

Served with new red potatoes cooked in salt and this salad, which is barely blanched kale mixed with ricotta and a lemon-shallot dressing (we were afraid of the raw kale, hence the blanching).